Apply Now: Executive Director, Interreligious Network for Worker Solidarity
Posted in News
Our partners at the Interreligious Network for Worker Solidarity are working to hire their first full-time staff. See the full description for the Executive Director position below and consider applying at this link.
The Interreligious Network for Worker Solidarity (IN4WS) educates, convenes, and mobilizes people of all religious traditions who stand in solidarity with working people, especially the most vulnerable, partnering with organizations and movements as we strive together to advance equity, racial, gender, and economic justice, democracy, and a sustainable and thriving future.
IN4WS was formed in July 2020 and has grown to over 60 active faith and labor leaders from across the country, all of whom have volunteered their time. IN4WS has formed a board of directors, secured start-up funding, and is now poised to hire its first Executive Director. The duties of Executive
- Create and lead strategic organizing partnerships between faith leaders and national unions to support national organizing, contract, and public policy campaigns to improve the lives of workers and to bring the moral imperative of workers’ rights to the forefront
- Develop and maintain relationships with national, state, and local faith leaders, union leaders, and elected officials
- Develop and implement strategies for organizing campaigns
- Broaden and deepen the organization’s solidarity with workers and communities directly impacted by workplace injustices
- Develop theologically-framed written materials and speeches in support of workers’ rights for union and faith campaigns, press conferences, rallies, national conferences, website, eblasts, etc.
- Create a collaborative, supportive work environment to foster staff growth and longevity
- Develop and maintain strategic, collegial partnerships with other national organizations and local workers’ rights organizations
- Connect intersectionality of workers issues with the justice issues of race, immigration status, economic, environmental, etc.
- Oversee all hiring, writing of job descriptions, and annual evaluations of staff and enforce personnel policy
- Build IN4WS’s financial health by cultivating and maintaining relationships with foundations, donors, and planning annual fundraising event and year-end donation campaign
- With support from the Board of Directors, oversee all financial aspects of the organization including drafting annual budget, monitoring cash flow, presenting quarterly financial statements to the board, and facilitating annual audit
- Engage, organize, support, and recruit board members in the work of the organization
- In collaboration with the Executive Committee, plan the agenda for and convene quarterly board meetings
- A Minimum of 5 years of workers’ rights and/or faith organizing experience required
- Ability to work comfortably with a wide diversity of people who are all committed to worker justice.
- Experience in fundraising, grant writing and non-profit management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Flexibility in working outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Ability to set and facilitate tight meeting agendas and goals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher, Google Suite, and Zoom
- Comfort with or ability to learn financial software
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish, spoken and written, preferred
- Located in or willing to relocate to Washington, D.C. area, preferred
- Women and Black, Indigenous, People of Color strongly urged to apply
The position will pay a competitive salary and include a full benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Office will likely be located at Georgetown University and will follow all university protocols.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC 20057: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Organizing: 5 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location