The Kalmanovitz Initiative Research in Action Internship (RIA) places carefully selected student applicants with top research organizations advocating for working people.
The KI Research in Action Internship will provide students with the opportunity to learn from leaders in the world of workers’ rights, support and contribute to ongoing campaigns and research projects, and develop their own research skills throughout the course of the internship.
This program will:
- introduce students to a range of issues affecting the labor movement and the working poor;
- develop the research skills of students;
- positively contribute to the efforts of groups working towards worker justice;
- and establish a stronger link between Georgetown and the organizations and communities pursuing important research questions.
By placing students with groups doing this type of research, students will gain valuable skills for future work in movements and organizations dedicated to social and economic justice.
Our partner organizations currently include:
- Worker Rights Consortium
- National Black Worker Center Project
- More Than Money Podcast
- Bill Fletcher Jr. WPFW Radio Show – Arise!
- In the Public Interest
Meet Our Students
Khadija Khan, Lily Ryan, Chris Wager, Pam Escalante, Yanely Perez
Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
Sophie Sweeney, Melina Hsiao, Yanely Perez, Violet Omolade Wey, and Lilah Burke
Fall 2014 and Spring 2015
Andrea Guerrero, Jess Hardin, Julia Hubbell, and DK Yun
The Kalmanovitz Initiative has also supported independent student research projects on issues related to working people and economic justice. Read more about our students and their projects.
Sarah Henningsen and Bryan Woll